Hello World Wide Web!! This post is a shout-out to my generational peers who will guide our fragile earth into the destined future.
Now, if you have yet to encounter a conversation regarding climate change, ocean extinction, rainforest deforestation, food supply, population growth, etcetera, etcetera, then you, my dear friend, have got your head stuck in a hole. So, it's time we all, every single one of us 'digital kids', get our heads out of this digital hole and pay our attention to the most important thing in the world. Our one and only environment...
I realize this blog is, indeed, a digital hole, yet I also have come to realize digital endeavors are inevitable, thus imperative to be fully present in today's world. Our generation, 'digital kids', have grown-up alongside the www. We will never know the lives our parents and their parents lived whose time was never defined by numbers on a screen. With the screens came leisure and ease; from social media platforms to mind-numbing entertainment, our lives have really resulted in a mix of illusion and reality. It's not our fault, but it is our responsibility to separate the two. So the first step, be aware of the world around you and not just the things on the screens.
Take it upon yourself, every day, to make the world a better place:
- Recycle - What you can and cannot recycle> http://www.wm.com/thinkgreen/what-can-i-recycle.jsp
- Drive Less - Legs, gangly limbs taking you where you need to be since Oo Oo Ahh http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/pollution-overview/
- Eat Right - There's too much to say about food in our world, here's an article about it http://www.nationalgeographic.com/foodfeatures/feeding-9-billion/
- Create Art - Happy people are healthy people. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOLNJXY-Weg
- Read the News - And I don't mean the newsfeed http://international.nytimes.com/
- Boycott Bad - Buying goods and services which destroy nature is just as bad as doing the deed yourself. Read the ingredients and try to refrain from buying Palm Oil, Blue Fin Tuna (endangered for several years), Factory Meat, Non-Organic Produce, tickets to SeaWorld Parks, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Pepsico, Coca-Cola, etc. http://www.onegreenplanet.org/news/pepsico-palm-oil-use-threatens-orangutans-humans-and-the-planet/
Each individual is a peg in a timeless clock. Let us be the digitally aware generation to make the first universal leap toward a healthy planet.
What a Wonderful World Louis Armstrong
Imagine The Beatles